12.29.2009

Realistic New Year's Resolutions

Yes, I make resolutions every year and no, I have never really succeeded... so this year I'm going to try to be at bit more realistic about them:

1) Get my GPA back to somewhere around a 3.5 - this should be pretty attainable, I have a much more relaxed course load and no 8am classes this semester!!

2) Save more, spend less - my internship is really helping me on this front, I shop without spending!

3) Embrace fearlessness, trust more easily, forgive more easily, and love more - this is a lot, but baby steps, right? I think I'm already half way there!

4) Cook more - I have no excuses here, I'm just lazy most of the time. I know how to cook, I have everything in my kitchen needed to do it, I just have to take the time. I'm going to aim for 3 meals a week that do not consist of take out or pasta or canned soup. We'll see how it goes from there!

5) Figure out what I want to do when I graduate - there will be just about two and a half weeks left in 2010 when I graduate college. I should probably decide what to do when school is over! For the time being, I have the ability to work full time at my current job, but it's not my dream or anything. I'm not really sure what is...

So we'll see how all of this turns out. I think I've kept it realistic this year, and when it comes to number 5, I don't really have a choice!

In other news, I'm ringing in 2010 with some amazing new friends and then spending the next day watching the Bruins kick some butt in the Winter Classic v. the Flyers. I honestly can't think of a better way to start off the new decade!

No comments: